Helping Children Receive a Christian Education
We’re dedicated to helping families who are struggling financially to either keep or send their children to a Christian school.
Kaarto Christian School Fund
Dedicated to making a christian education attainable
This charitable fund was established to recognize the Kaarto family’s service to their church and their devotion to the Lord. Whether the family was teaching Sunday school, serving on committees, making dishes for the potluck, or playing the guitar, they always strived to show their friends and family that God loves them and will take care of his faithful.
The family lineage is one of great faith as the first family members immigrated to the United States from Finland and established the first Christian church in the tiny town of Mass, Michigan in the Upper Peninsula. They were known to walk the country roads encouraging the farmers to attend church services first held in homes, and then the actual church building, which was completed in 1935.
This scholarship will provide tuition assistance for a Christian education.
- Child must be attending or plan to attend a Christian school program
- Completed application for a scholarship
- Choose an approved Christian school:
Austin Catholic High School in Chesterfield Township
Immaculate Conception Catholic School in Anchorville
Lutheran High School North in Macomb
Mary’s Catholic School in Mt. Clemens
St. Peter Lutheran School in Macomb Township
Trinity Lutheran School in Utica
- Note: Contact us to request an additional school.
- Family must attend church and tithe/donate enough to receive the church parish member tuition discount, if available for the school. If no tuition discount exists, then the family must attend church 70% of the time, and tithe/donate an appropriate amount to a Christian organization each month.
- Application must be accompanied by a one page letter describing why a scholarship is desired, indication of financial need, and what it would mean to the family for their child to have a Christian education.
Download the Form
To apply, download the application form.